Planning a wedding is exciting and can be so much fun. On the other hand, it can also be very stressful. I've put together a list of eight tips and tricks to help make things a little easier.
1. Go to a wedding or bridal show to get access to lots of freebies and wedding vendors in your area. Every major city has a show. Take the time to check them out!
2. A wedding planner will make sure your day goes smooth. You should give the planner an emergency contact list of people who can handle an issue, if one should arise. The bride should not have to deal with any issues.
3. Ask one of your vendors for references. A photographer might be able to recommend a florist they have worked with at another wedding.
4. Do not buy a wedding dress at full price. You can score big deals by getting a sample wedding dress in good condition. The dresses may have been tried on a few times and you'll get a good deal. You can also get a good price by getting your dress at a trunk show. Many designers will offer a sale price or custom changes.
5. Stay organized. Keep all wedding materials in one folder or a binder. It is easy to refer to and helps you compare different vendors and services.
6. Find out if there are any limits at the ceremony or reception site. A photographer might not be able to use flash photographer at the ceremony site. Check with all sites, before the wedding, so you know what is allowed and what is not.
7. Book as many services as you can with the same vendor. If a wedding planner also offers wedding invitations or calligraphy you can get a package deal and save money.
8. If you need to cut your costs and save money at your wedding, the best way to do this is to cut your guests list. Many weddings cost $100 per person or more. Cutting out one table can save you $1,000 or more!
Do you have any suggestions for brides or any tips that worked on your wedding day? Share your ideas with other brides. Happy Planning!
Images by Honey Honey Photography
The Dress Matters Blog
Blog of the elegant bridal boutique located in Media, Pennsylvania (Suburban Philadelphia). The owner of the boutique was selected 2017 Entrepreneur of the Year by the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce. We carry bridal, bridesmaid, flower girl and prom dresses. Special services include Girls Night Out, In-Home Dress Try On, Bridal Assistant and On-Site Alterations.