It’s time to plan your wedding, the excitement of your engagement and the stresses of the planning process have merged. There is a world of options to consider in order to make your wedding dreams come true. Often, the first consideration when planning a wedding is the date; should it be in the summer by the water? In the fall as the leaves turn? Or in the fresh air of spring? Most brides don’t think of winter as an option.
Cynthia Pesce, a wedding and major events planner at the award-winning Inn at New Hyde Park, encourages brides to think twice before giving the winter wedding a cold shoulder. Here are her five tips.
1. It is a wonderful time of year to celebrate love. -- The Holiday season has everyone in a festive mode. It brings loved ones together and encourages a time of celebration. In January, the sudden slow down of visiting with family and friends, along with celebrating is missed. People welcome an event, especially a wedding.
2. Be Original - Winter weddings are a classic and timeless theme. Everyone else will show you wedding pictures of the same wedding; make sure yours is different and unforgettable. The elegance of a white wedding is only made more memorable with the winter backdrop.
3. You’ll Get EVERYTHING You Want- Have the best of everything at your wedding for a better price, less weddings planned means more availability from your desired vendors. You get extra special attention, as they are not doing 5 events or more a weekend. Customer service is elevated during these months.
4. February is a wonderful season to celebrate love. It is a very popular time for couples to get engaged and makes a wonderful time to have a Wedding.
5. Family Feels Festive. It is a wonderful time of year to celebrate love. The Holiday season has everyone in a festive mode. It brings loved ones together and encourages a time of celebration. In January the sudden slow down of visiting with family and friends, along with celebrating, is missed. People welcome an event, especially a wedding.
Cynthia Pesce, a wedding and major events planner at the award-winning Inn at New Hyde Park is a luxury event & catering facility that specializes in weddings, private parties & corporate events. We take great pride in the practicing & perfecting the art of gracious hospitality, The Inn at New Hyde Park continues its long-standing tradition by setting a new standard of extraordinary cuisine, elegance & uncompromising service. The Inn is a 3 time winner of The Knot’s ‘Best of Wedding’ award for venues and 3 time winner of Wedding Wire’s ‘Bride’s Choice’ Award. Timeless elegance and modern luxury come together to provide you and your guests with the most memorable event experience on Long Island.
Images by Paper Antler Photography
The Dress Matters Blog
Blog of the elegant bridal boutique located in Media, Pennsylvania (Suburban Philadelphia). The owner of the boutique was selected 2017 Entrepreneur of the Year by the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce. We carry bridal, bridesmaid, flower girl and prom dresses. Special services include Girls Night Out, In-Home Dress Try On, Bridal Assistant and On-Site Alterations.