Before you come to the The Dress Matters or any bridal salon, you'll want to check out the tips of things to avoid when wedding dress shopping.
1. Do NOT shop too early. Brides should avoid shopping for a wedding dress two or three years before a wedding. While many couples are having longer engagement periods, it is best to shop 12 months before the wedding for the bridal dress. Since other factors can influence the wedding dress decision, like venue, location and time of year, it is best to have some details worked out before selecting the wedding dress.
2. Do NOT try on too many dresses. Many brides want to come in and try on as many dresses as possible, but it is best to try on 7-10 dresses. Too many dresses can cause the bride to become confused. When you find the right dress, buy it and stop looking.
3. Do NOT bring an large entourage when trying on dresses. It is best to bring one or two people with you. Too many opinions can cause confusion. The people you bring with you should be honest and reliable.
4. Do NOT go to any bridal shop. You should do your homework and go to a bridal salon that has what you are looking for or what you need. If you have a budget under $1,500.00 seek out salons that have dresses in your price range. If you are a plus size bride, call ahead to ensure they have dresses that you can try on.
5. Do NOT use your entire fashion budget on the dress. You have to keep in mind that you will probably need alterations. If you have $2,000 to spend on a dress, try to put aside $400 - $500 for alterations costs. You should not use your entire budget on the purchase of the dress.
Shopping for a wedding dress is a fun and exciting time, use these tips to avoid making mistakes when buying your bridal dress. Visit us at The Dress Matters for a beautiful wedding dress. Happy Shopping!
All images by Ryan Brenizer
The Dress Matters Blog
Blog of the elegant bridal boutique located in Media, Pennsylvania (Suburban Philadelphia). The owner of the boutique was selected 2017 Entrepreneur of the Year by the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce. We carry bridal, bridesmaid and prom dresses. Special services include Girls Night Out, Bridal Assistant and On-Site Alterations.