Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and an increasing number of women want to get engaged on this day. Many are involved in the engagement ring selection process (36% according to The Knot), but they still want the element of surprise when he opens the ring box on bended knee. Valentine’s Day is the second most popular time to get engaged and chances are good that your boyfriend may pop the question on February 14th. Here are some tips from Blue Nile on how to make this a win-win situation.
1. Send helpful hints from the palm of your hand. Your smartphone does more than send emojis. Use it to peruse engagement rings online or try them on in a mobile app, then send pictures to your boyfriend. You can also easily share your favorite ring styles on Pinterest, Facebook, or other social media.
2. Call in your squad. If you don’t want to be direct in dropping hints, but you know he’s looking at rings, ask your best friend, sister, or mom to help point him in the right direction.
3. Give him options. Pick more than one ring style you know you’ll love and let him choose between the two. Need some inspiration? See below for the engagement ring styles that are popular right now.
4. Work with his wallet. If you’re going the traditional route and he’s paying for the ring, let him know if you’re flexible about carat size, metal, or other aspects of the ring that could have the most impact on cost. That way, there’s more money to go toward what matters most to you.
5. Get specific. Is there anything that is an absolute must? Maybe your heart is set on a two carat center stone or a halo setting in platinum. If that’s the case, tell him. It also doesn’t hurt to point him to some resources so he can learn about diamonds and how to get the best value for the ring of your dreams.
Top photo by: Emily Sacco
Ring images via Blue Nile
The Dress Matters Blog
Blog of the elegant bridal boutique located in Media, Pennsylvania (Suburban Philadelphia). The owner of the boutique was selected 2017 Entrepreneur of the Year by the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce. We carry bridal, bridesmaid, flower girl and prom dresses. Special services include Girls Night Out, In-Home Dress Try On, Bridal Assistant and On-Site Alterations.